Did you know that Barley is mention 37 times in the Bible?
Yes, i was surprise at first when I knew about this. Then when the presentor shared and showed it to us, then i was convinced. He showed us that Barley is mention 37 times in the Bible.
Click this link to access the online search for barley.
Here’s what he showed to us;
- Exodus 9:31 (CEB) – Now the flax and the barley were destroyed, because the barley had ears of grain and the flax had buds.
- John 6:9 (CEB) – “A youth here has five barley loaves and two fish. But what good is that for a crowd like this?”
- Jeremiah 41:8 (CEB) – But there were ten men among them who begged Ishmael, “Don’t kill us; we have wheat, barley, oil, and honey hidden in a field.” So he stopped and didn’t kill them along with the rest.
- Hosea 3:2 (CEB) – So I bought her for fifteen pieces of silver, a large amount of barley, and a portion of wine.
- John 6:13 (CEB) – So they gathered them and filled twelve baskets with the pieces of the five barley loaves that had been left over by those who had eaten.
- 1 Chronicles 11:13 (CEB) – He was with David at Pas-dammim. The Philistines were gathered there for battle, where part of a field was full of barley. When the people ran away from the Philistines,
- Leviticus 27:16 (CEB) – If a person dedicates part of the land from their family property to the LORD, the value will be set according to the seed needed to plant it: fifty silver shekels per homer of barley seed.
- 2 Chronicles 2:10 (CEB) – I will pay the woodcutters twenty thousand kors of crushed wheat, twenty thousand kors of barley, twenty thousand baths of wine, and twenty thousand baths of olive oil.
- 1 Kings 4:28 (CEB) – Each brought their share of barley and straw for the horses and for the chariot horses, bringing it to its proper place.
- Deuteronomy 8:8 (CEB) – a land of wheat and barley, vines, fig trees, and pomegranates; a land of olive oil and honey;
- 2 Chronicles 27:5 (CEB) – He fought against the king of the Ammonites and defeated the Ammonites. They paid him one hundred kikkars of silver, ten thousand kors of wheat, and ten thousand kors of barley that year and for the next two years.
- Revelation 6:6 (CEB) – I heard what sounded like a voice from among the four living creatures. It said, “A quart of wheat for a denarion, and three quarts of barley for a denarion, but don’t damage the olive oil and the wine.”
- 2 Kings 7:1 (CEB) – Elisha said, “Hear the LORD’s word! This is what the LORD says: At this time tomorrow a seah of wheat flour will sell for a shekel at Samaria’s gate, and two seahs of barley will sell for a shekel.”
- 2 Samuel 14:30 (CEB) – So Absalom said to his servants, “Look, Joab’s property is next to mine. He has barley there. Go and set it on fire.” So Absalom’s servants set the property on fire. Then Joab’s servants went to Joab with their clothes torn. “Absalom’s servants set the property on fire,” they said.
- Numbers 5:15 (CEB) – then the man will bring his wife to the priest. He will bring the offering required for her, one-tenth of an ephah of barley flour. He will not pour oil on it, nor offer frankincense with it, because it is a grain offering for jealousy, a grain offering for recognition in order to recognize guilt.
- Ezekiel 4:12 (CEB) – Eat it like barley bread, and bake it on human excrement while they watch.
- 2 Chronicles 2:15 (CEB) – So once my master sends the wheat, barley, olive oil, and wine he has promised,
- Judith 8:2 (CEB) – Her husband Manasseh, who was from her tribe and her family, had died during the barley harvest.
- 2 Samuel 17:28 (CEB) – brought couches, basins, and pottery, along with wheat, barley, flour, roasted grain, beans, lentils,
- Job 31:40 (CEB) – may briars grow instead of wheat, poisonous weeds instead of barley. Job’s words are complete.
- Ruth 2:17 (CEB) – So she gleaned in the field until evening. Then she threshed what she had gleaned; it was about an ephah of barley.
- Ruth 3:17 (CEB) – She said, “He gave me these six measures of barley, for he said to me, ‘Don’t go away empty-handed to your mother-in-law.’”
- Ezekiel 45:13 (CEB) – These are your prescribed contributions: one-sixth of an ephah for each homer of wheat, and one-sixth of an ephah for each homer of barley;
- Joel 1:11 (CEB) – Be shocked, you farmers; howl, you vinedressers, over the wheat and the barley, for the crops of the field are destroyed.
- Ruth 2:23 (CEB) – Thus she stayed with Boaz’s young women, gleaning until the completion of the barley and wheat harvests. And she lived with her mother-in-law.
- Ruth 3:2 (CEB) – Now isn’t Boaz, whose young women you were with, our relative? Tonight he will be winnowing barley at the threshing floor.
- Isaiah 28:25 (CEB) – When he has smoothed its surface, doesn’t he scatter fennel, and sow cumin, and plant wheat and barley in their places, and spelt as a border?
- Ruth 3:15 (CEB) – He said, “Bring the cloak that you have on and hold it out.” She held it out, and he measured out six measures of barley and placed it upon her. Then she went into town.
- Ruth 1:22 (CEB) – Thus Naomi returned. And Ruth the Moabite, her daughter-in-law, returned with her from the territory of Moab. They arrived in Bethlehem at the beginning of the barley harvest.
- 2 Kings 4:42 (CEB) – A man came from Baal-shalishah, bringing the man of God some bread from the early produce—twenty loaves of barley bread and fresh grain from his bag. Elisha said, “Give it to the people so they can eat.”
- 2 Kings 7:16 (CEB) – Then the people went out and looted the Aramean camp. And so it happened that a seah of wheat flour did sell for a shekel, and two seahs of barley sold for a shekel, in agreement with the LORD’s word.
- 2 Kings 7:18 (CEB) – Because when the man of God said to the king, “At this time tomorrow two seahs of barley will sell for a shekel at Samaria’s gate, and one seah of wheat flour will sell for a shekel,”
- Ezekiel 4:9 (CEB) – You, gather some wheat and barley, beans and lentils, and millet and spelt. Put them in a bowl and make your bread from them. Eat it during the three hundred ninety days that you lie on your side.
- Ezekiel 13:19 (CEB) – When you degrade me to my people for handfuls of barley and bread crumbs, you mislead my gullible people, and you bring about the death of those who shouldn’t die and keep alive those who shouldn’t live.
- 2 Samuel 21:9 (CEB) – and he handed them over to the Gibeonites. They hanged them on the mountain before the LORD. The seven of them died at the same time. They were executed in the first days of the harvest, at the beginning of the barley harvest.
- Judges 7:13 (CEB) – Just when Gideon arrived, there was a man telling his friend about a dream. He said, “Get this! I had a dream that a loaf of barley bread was rolling into the Midianite camp. It came to a tent and hit it, and the tent collapsed. In fact, it rolled the tent over upside down, so it fell flat.”
- Ezekiel 45:15 (CEB) – and one sheep from the flock for every two hundred from Israel’s pastureland, for grain offerings, for entirely burned offerings, and for well-being sacrifices to make reconciliation for them. This is what the LORD God says.
Now, you know why barley is important to our body.