In our line of business, Is Brainstorming important? YES Its important!
Having brainstorming activities almost every month makes your group/team stronger as you tackle issues and challenges of your team.
Brainstorming with a group of people is a powerful technique. It creates new ideas, solves problems, motivates and develops teams. Brainstorming motivates because it involves members of a team in bigger management issues, and it gets a team working together. However, brainstorming is not simply a random activity. Brainstorming needs to be structured and it follows brainstorming rules.
The brainstorming process is described below:
1. Define and agree the objective.
2. Brainstorm ideas and suggestions having agreed a time limit.
4. Assess/analyse effects or results.
5. Prioritize options/rank list as appropriate.
6. Agree action and timescale.
7. Control and monitor follow-up.