Facts About Barley Grass that you need to know!
In the ancient times, barley was regularly served in the variety of bread and porridge. It was Barley grass and neither wheat grass nor rice that was the primary grain of the Egyptians, Greeks, Romans and Hebrews during the old ages. Egyptian workers during the ancient times refer to barley as nourishment having merely three loaves of barley bread and beer made from barley a day.
The immense importance of the said crop in the olden times is irrefutable. A Vedic writing in the Indus Valley mentioned barley and rice as “two immortal sons of heaven”. Emperor Shen Nung of China declared barley as one of the five sacred plants in his country dated 2, 800 B.C. Rice, wheat, millet and soybeans are the other sacred plants that he cited.
Barley is also much selected by the Athletes as the Greeks regard to it as the most strengthening grain. The gladiators of Rome are often named Hordearii or Barley Men since their diet relied on Barley.
In no time, the production of barley became scarce. Barley then was deemed as the grain of the poor and the wheat for the rich. At the moment, barley is regarded as the fourth most important crop in the world. While barley still gets into dinner tables such scenario in fact already seldom take place.
There are 9 Facts About Barley Grass
- Stimulates Repair of DNA molecule, Destroy and produce good cells Cancer Cell.
- a very powerful Enzyme.
- Has anti-aging properties.
- Reduces the risk of Cancer and Cataract.
- Restores Functions and Repair Deoxyribonucleic Acid (DNA) in older and less active cells.
- Removes Toxic substances from our cells and Enhance immune function.
- Neutralizes Superoxide Free Radicals (breakdown of synovial fluid that leads to inflammatory response in joints i.e. Arthritis, Bursitis, and Gout).
- Helps the body to use minerals such as zing, copper, manganese effectively.
- Enhances insulin action that leads to better absorption and use of sugar.
- Chromium can lower blood sugar and even out insulin level.
4. Folic Acid
- Maintains and produces New Cells.
- Rapid Cell Division and Growth such as infancy and pregnancy.
- Needed to make DNA and RNA (building blocks of cells) Deoxyribonucleic Acid, Ribonucleic Acid.
- Reduces 70 % incidents of Spina Bifida and other Neural Tube Defect.
- Prevents changes to DNA that may lead to Cancer.
- Prevents Anemia.
- Makes Normal Cells to Children and adults.
- Are plant chemicals coming from the soil that contains protective disease preventing compound.
- can treat and prevent four of America’s leading source of death namely: cancer, diabetes, cardiovascular disease and hypertension.
6. 7-O-GIO (Lutonarin) and 7-0-GIV (Saponarin)
- Very powerful Antioxidant.
- An effective anti-oxidant against Lipid Peroxidation caused by Ultra Violet Radiation.
- Prevents Environmental Stress.
- May play preventive role in Aging, mutagenesis, Carcinogenesis and Radiation Damage.
7. Chlorophyll (Liquid Oxygenated Sunshine)
- Helps reduce platelet activating factor and protects blood vessels from damage.
- Chlorophyll is very effective throughout the micro-circulatory system, protecting the smallest vessels from damage as per George Washington University.
- Removes Carbon Dioxide and Carbon Monoxide in the body.
- Powerful detoxifying agent for the Liver.
- Stimulates hemoglobin Production.
- Has wound healing properties.
- Stimulates Red Blood Cells.
8. Organic Sodium
- Dissolves calcium deposited on the refills and joints organic sodium in the stomach lining.
- Improves production of Hydrochloric Acid in the stomach that relieves digestion.
- Barley has 775mg of Organic Sodium per 100 grams.
- Counteracts Try-P1 and P2 (a carcinogen found in grilled meat and fish) as well as 3-4 Benzyperene and Tobacco’s carcinogen.
(ORAC) Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity Barley contains 25, 500 Radical Absorbance Capacity per 100 grams. USDA recommends an ORAC unit ingestion of about 3, 000 to 5, 000 units daily.
Agriculture Research, February 1999
Barley Grass is not multi-vitamins. Research (Dr. Yoshihide Hagiwara) has shown that the green leaves of the young Barley plant contain the most prolific balanced supplement of nutrients that exist on earth in a single source.